I love this meal for a quick and easy weeknight meal that looks like it takes a long time to make. Before going vegan, I would have never thought to make this many tasty sauces out of loads of vegetables and spices. Every day I feel so thankful that my life has come to the peace and understanding of going vegan and eating the earths plants.
Cilantro has such a new meaning for me. This amazing herb is actually very amazing! Most people in America use cilantro in Mexican dishes and the famous guac but cooking with cilantro tastes so different. I have used this in loads of sauces and curries and am excited to share this tasty dish with you guys!
This dish is!
Simple Recipe: Sweet Potato Green Curry
This simple vegan recipe takes you on a flavorful ride! With the powerful flavors of curry spices and cilantro, your tastebuds will be singing for more.
- 2 medium-large Sweet Potatoes (cut in bite size pieces)
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion chopped
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- 1 14 oz Can Coconut Milk Light (we used organic Whole Food’s Brand)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 lime Wedges for Garnish
- Quinoa or Brown Rice (optional)
- Cut sweet potatoes into bite size pieces. Place in steamer or pan with 1/4 cup water until fork can gently cut through.
- Open can of cocnut milk. Place in blender with onion cut into fourths with garlic, cilantro, and all spices.
- Blend sauce on high until smooth. Pour sauce into pan with vegetable broth. Simmer on medium to low heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Make quinoa or whatever grains you are making for the side as instructed.
- Add steamed sweet potatoes to the green curry sauce and mix for about a minute. Add to plate with grains and lime for garnish!
Don’t be afraid to try new things that you never thought you would!!
This recipe only has a few ingredients and only takes 30 minutes to make total which makes this an insanely perfect weeknight dish. I paired this with quinoa supergrains but you can use any grain you like! There are loads of health benefits of eating plant-based foods and your body will feel amazing after eating this meal. <3