Poky Bowls, yes please! If you miss that flavor of delicious asian fusion cuisine, this recipe is here for the rescue.
The first time I tried poke bowls was about a year ago and I felt the vegan version I tried was missing something. The marinated beets look just like fish!!! So crazy! But no worries, it is the cruelty free version.
This recipe is…
I paired my fish free beets with sushi rice, purple cabbage, carrots, and green onions for that authentic fresh flavor! You can add any fresh veggies you would like to get that amazing flavor, have fun with the recipe!
Sriracha Marinated Beets
For some reasons beets never get me excited to eat until I decided to make Sriracha marinated beets! They honestly have the slightest amount of beet flavor. I love finding ways to make food taste amazing with spices and flavor combinations that transform veggies!
- 2-3 Beets cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/8 tsp Salt + Pepper each
- after cutting beets into 1 inch pieces, add to pan on medium high heat with 1 cup of water and stir every few minutes
- After beets are cooked all the way through, you should be able to pierce a fork through easily. Apx 20 minutes. Add more water to continue cooking if needed.
- While beets are cooking, place all marinate ingredients in medium mixing bowl and stir together
- Turn off heat on beets when cooked through and add to marinate when cool enough.
- Mix together in medium bowl and place in fridge for 30 minutes. Ready for poke bowls! We added avocado, sliced carrots, green onion and purple cabbage with sesame seeds. Enjoy!