Who feels like they need a detox?! When it comes to winter, the blues come to me more often and I find it harder to stay calmer when I can’t be in the sun as much as I would like to. The secret ingredient in this hummus brings out all the toxins that your body holds onto (especially after crazy nights out) will make you feel cleaner and much more alert. I have been experimenting with activated charcoal in recipes and have loved this hummus so much I had to share with you all!
Plus, giving plain hummus an added benefit gives all the more reason to slather this all over your toast, broccoli, potatoes.. you name it! I opted to go the more traditional recipe route with no added oils.. it tends to upset my stomach but feel free to add a few drops of the beloved olive oil.
This recipe is
Detox Charcoal Hummus
Feeling yuck after a crazy night out? I highly recommend reaching for some detox hummus to kick that bad energy to the curb. My favorite hummus with added charcoal is a great snack to have for any night of the week.. plus this color is just amazing.
- 2 15 oz cans Chickpeas rinsed
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1 Juice from Lemon
- 1 tsp Activated Charcoal (I used Rawnice)
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt (More for Garnish)
- 5 tbsp Water (More if needed)
- Open cans of chickpeas and place in drainer. Rinse for a few seconds.
- Pour chickpeas and all other ingredients into food processor. Don’t forget to mince your garlic!
- With S blade on food processor, blend for a few minutes until consistency is creamy and done!
- Garnish with lemon and sea salt on top.
I hope you enjoy the hummus as much as I did! Presto you are detoxed <3
#thegreenervoyage to show me your creations on Insta!