Where do I begin with these completely scrumptious, underrated sweet morsels from heaven!?
Dates are seriously the tastiest thing mother nature can give us. If you have not tried them yet, I recommend giving Medjool dates a go. They remind me of the inside of a Snicker’s candy bar – only without all the junk that comes with it. Dates also have loads of vitamins and minerals and healthy sugars that keep your energy up all day long.
Not sold yet, well here is the best recipe in all the land! This recipe is completely raw and no sugar added.. double win for you!
This recipe is…
Simple Recipe: Cocoa Filled Date Bites
I am so happy to share one of my favorite recipes with you! Dates are very healthy and give you so much natural energy that you can come back for more, even though cocoa is involved. There are no added sugars and no cooking involved. Simplicity is sometimes the best thing! Enjoy these bad boys before the gym, after the gym, for breakfast, or that 4 o’clock snack.
- 14 Medjool Dates
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (or any flour you prefer)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Dried Coconut Flakes for garnish on top
- In a medium size mixing bowl, peel banans and cut into pieces. Add flour, cocoa powder, almond butter, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Take a fork and mash up banana with ingredients until they banans are completely mixed in. They can be a little bit chunky but mix up as much as you can. Place bowl in fridge for later.
- Take out a cutting board and small sharp knife. Cut enough of a slit to take out the pit of dates. DO NOT cut all the way through.
- Take out bowl from fridge. Add a spoonful of cocoa mix into dates. Once complete, add coconut flakes on top!
- Special option: if you like things colder, place in freezer for 2 hours to have a “nice” cream style treat! Otherwise, place in fridge when done. They will stay good in the fridge for up to 3-4 days and months in the freezer.
You now have the healthiest snack that will satisfy that sweet tooth without the guilty feeling that a candy bar has. Please let me know in the comments if you are going to make these this week!